**No Bake Strawberry Pretzel Pie Recipe Below**
For weeks now I have been on the hunt for a perfect, crowd pleasing Thanksgiving dessert. I plan on making a couple other more traditional dessert items but since this year has been so crazy, I also wanted something new and unique to add to the rotation. I am excited to say I think I finally found it! Now I have to admit, when I first read this recipe I was not sold. The original version called for marshmallow cream on top of cream cheese, whipped cream and sweet condensed milk. As I read this overly sweet recipe, I realized that with a couple of small tweaks this could easily be a light, refreshing recipe that would be a crowd pleaser. Cut to a scene of me rummaging through my kitchen cabinets like a mad man and screaming out to my husband; ooooo I bet this would work HAHAHAHA.
Not only did this recipe turn out better than expected (we ate the whole thing in 2 nights) but it was surprisingly easy to make. Not to mention, no bake! In my eyes, this makes it the perfect recipe. On Thanksgiving day, at any time, I have multiple items in my stove being prepared. I love that this recipe is simple, easy to follow and will not take up any needed space in my oven!
Here is my recipe for the perfect No Bake Strawberry Pretzel Pie:
4 cups Miniature Pretzels (regular will work also)
8 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup boiling water
1 package (6 ounces) peach gelatin (strawberry, mango, raspberry, etc. will work as well)
¼ cup lemon juice
1 pound fresh strawberries, divided
2 cups heavy whippine cream, divided
2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
2/3 cup coconut milk
- Place pretzels in a food processor; pulse until chopped (If you do not own a food processor, place the pretzels into a gallon size Ziploc bag and get to smashing)! Add butter and sugar; pulse until combined.
- Press mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop half the strawberries (or leave as larger slices for more true strawberry taste); slice the remaining berries and reserve for topping.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Beat coconut milk and cream cheese into cooled gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in chopped strawberries and whipped cream. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 4-6 hours.
- Beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form; spread over pie. Top with reserved strawberries and pretzel mixture.
Share your pictures below and make sure to let us know if you made any changes yourself!